Oil Change Reminder in MMCS Maint. Page

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrancoPHEV

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere, but what is the oil-change interval meant to be under normal usage?

My 2014 Gx4h had its 80,000km/48,000mile service done at my local French dealership yesterday. All went well but, when I got home, I noticed that although the service reminder on start-up had been updated, the maintenance schedule within the MMCS had not. I decided to do this myself by using the "reset with todays date and milage" option. After doing this, the Oil Change reminder is now showing 7,500km before next change which does not correlate to the 20,000km/12,000mile/12 month service interval.

Am I being daft or have I missed something?

FrancoPHEV

According to my documentation, it's 12,000 miles (actually 12,500 miles, I think). There has been a thread running recently where some of the new American PHEV owners have been suggesting that the oil change interval should be more frequent given the pattern of engine running in a PHEV which does not give it the opportunity to get up to full running temperature very frequently and leads to early fuel contamination of the oil.

maby said:
According to my documentation, it's 12,000 miles (actually 12,500 miles, I think). There has been a thread running recently where some of the new American PHEV owners have been suggesting that the oil change interval should be more frequent given the pattern of engine running in a PHEV which does not give it the opportunity to get up to full running temperature very frequently and leads to early fuel contamination of the oil.

Thanks Maby, I thought so. Actually, it is more the bit about the interval reminder within the MMCS Info/Maintenance that led me to shout out. I have changed the title of the tread accordingly.

And yes, 12,500 miles sounds about right. Driving a right hooker here in France it us apparent that the continental service interval allows for a greater distance between changes than the UK plot. By rights, I should have had my 4th service done at 48,000 miles by the clock, which equates to 76,800 km. That would have been 3,200 km or 2000 miles less than the plot for left hookers and exactly the 500 miles difference that you identified.

FrancoPHEV.

Back