Should you get your BMU recalibrated?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trex

Hi,

So the question is for this topic:

Should you get your BMU (Battery Management Unit) recalibrated?

I will try to give a simple answer that is IMHO.

If you are worried about the capacity or State Of Health (SOH) of your traction battery ie as seen on a app etc I would honestly say yes ie get your BMU recalibrated. Because what you are looking at on the app is not the "real" capacity unless it is straight after the recalibration.

So whinging on here or elsewhere is not helping you IMHO. I suggest getting to your dealer and get the BMU recalibrated. Now my local dealer could not help me get my first BMU recalibration and I had to drive about 2 and 1/2 hours away to get it done at another dealer but since then now my local dealer can do it themselves and they have just done another one for me.

Now just out of interest there are 10 spots to store the results of a BMU recalibration within the BMU itself.

They are, taken from the BMU data list, numbers 402-411.

So it seems to me Mitsubishi were expecting us to get our BMU recalibrated every now and again. ;)

Regards Trex.

Ps you never know you may have a good result like this person I found on line:

"Had the 2018 phev since Feb. After 20.000 km and battery capacity down to 93%according to watchdog, had car inspection and they suggested battery reprogramming, and they did a dbcam procedure. Since then battery capacity upto and remains at 98,5% and have driven 1000 km. My garage(Germany) doesn't understand all these problems, so the most important thing when buying a phev, which I love and am very happy with it.,is the 3xperience and quality of expertise at your garage. The extra education of the mechanics is expensive so my garage tells me."

Back