Type and capacity of SD card

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrispyduck

Please can someone advise which type of SD card I need for my music using the MMC

I see there are 3 SD card formats SD, SDHC and SDXC and I also read that the PHEV will only take max 32GB cards.

Many thanks

I don't think that model supports the SD card,only a USB. You can get an adaptor SD to USB on ebay for pennies. I am using the USB port in the centre console with an adaptor lead, it works well, with titles and tracks showing on the radio panel.

I find the steering wheel controls a little awkward though, as used to fixed ones on the Espace.

Cheers

Chris

Lyra252 said:
I don't think that model supports the SD card,only a USB. You can get an adaptor SD to USB on ebay for pennies. I am using the USB port in the centre console with an adaptor lead, it works well, with titles and tracks showing on the radio panel.

I find the steering wheel controls a little awkward though, as used to fixed ones on the Espace.

Cheers

Chris

Not quite right - the top of the range (Aspire or GX4h in the UK side of the pond) has a SD card slot hidden behind the head unit in the dash.

Chrispyduck said:
Please can someone advise which type of SD card I need for my music using the MMC

I see there are 3 SD card formats SD, SDHC and SDXC and I also read that the PHEV will only take max 32GB cards.

Many thanks

SD = up to 4gb in Capacity - 4gb are quite rare though IIRC
SDHC = HC higher Capacity - so 4gb to 32gb
SDXC = XC eXtended Capacity - 32gb to 2tb

I would play it safe & stick to SDHC.
My guess would be the vehicle wont work with SDXC cards, or possibly just never tested.
So you may find a 32gb SDHC will work, but a 32gb SDXC wont.

I've got a G3h,haven't found an SD slot, unless it's well hidden, is the upgragde available, as the brochure doesn't show it as an option?

I think the Asipre is Australian spec, probably higher than the UK G3h?

Cheers

Chris

In UK, have a GX4H and been using a 32GB SDHC card mostly without problems but some tracks it seems to skip, not found out way yet, whether it is the tracks, card or car yet.

Lyra252 said:
I've got a G3h,haven't found an SD slot, unless it's well hidden, is the upgragde available, as the brochure doesn't show it as an option?

I think the Asipre is Australian spec, probably higher than the UK G3h?

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris. I upgraded to the DAB system option which is mainly on Gx4 models for about £1,300. It's being fitted at sport bury along with leather seats, front parking sensors and the protection pack.

Back