Anyone know what this actuator thing is/does?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boltondrew

Hi All,
I recently bought a 2016 GX4h and behind the rear right hand panel in the luggage area (where the wrench and jack handle are) is this actuator thing with a motor, gear and push rod... anyone know what it is and why it might have been disconnected and why I haven't noticed what it does/doesn't do?! It is still plugged into an electrical connector but is swinging loose inside the compartment...

Thanks!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 177
It is called the "Charging port courtesy lamp switch" so it switches the light next to the charge connections on or off whether the flap is open or closed.

I found the info on http://mmc-manuals.ru/manuals/outlander_iii/online/Service_Manual_2013/2014/index_M1.htm

ACC05888AB00ENG.png

Part 2 is the switch en 1 is the light

ACC05890AB00ENG.png

Switch position ON
(When the hook is pushed in 12 mm or more)
Measured terminals 3 - 4
Continuity exists (2 Ω or less)

Switch position OFF
(When the hook is pushed in 3 to 10 mm)
Measured terminals 3 - 4
No continuity

laadklep-1.jpg

laadklep-2.jpg

I removed mine to check on it as the spring was loose but I am unable to get the spring right and remount it.
When I look at your picture it seems that my unit is missing a white plastic cover.

I spotted that in mine the other day. Lid fallen off, cogs missing. The light works, but the lock doesn't. I'll pick up on it as a warranty issue when the car goes in for its fourth service in a few weeks' time.

Thanks for your help - that does sound like a warranty issue to get sorted out. I wondered if it had been deliberately disconnected as it was an annoying feature or something! But it sounds like a few people have had this fail...
Thanks again!

In my opinion, adding a lock on the charging lid more or less pointless. It's the one single point on my MY19 car that have gotten worse than the old MY14 car.

I used to be able to lock the car using the door button, and then walk around the car and connect the charger, and then walk away.

I know there was a lot of complaints about the lack of a lock, but I fail to see the value. I suppose someone with a ChaDeMo V2H adapter could possibly steal 9 kWh worth of electricity,
but somehow the risk and associated cost for that is pretty negligible compared to the inconvenience of leaving the car, walk around the car to connect the charger, and then go back to the door (or passenger door) to finally lock the car.

Maybe I should try to disconnect it if it's accessible behind the plastic cover...

Hi does anybody know what is the part number for "actuator thing" or where can obtain a Parts list?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV 2015 GX4hs

Back