Looking for a 2017 Cargo Cover Latch/bracket

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcsouthwest

Hi,

I have managed to break the latch that keeps the cargo cover in place, ie the plastic peg that attaches to the pull out cover, that slots in to the tailgate side pillar. The broken latch is held with 2 screws so suggests it can be replaced.

All I am being offered are complete cargo covers from £99 to £350, but was hoping to spend a few pounds on the small catch.

Can anyone help? with this or a part number? I have attached an image of the non-broken latch circled.

Cheers

M

Attachments

• 2017 PHEV Cargo Cover Latch.JPG
    2017 PHEV Cargo Cover Latch.JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 64
If you don't find a clone of the part, why not do it yourself. Depending on the result you want, you could fashion one out of wood, get a local fabricator to machine one out of metal or would be ideal for 3D copying/printing - I am sure you could find a local enthusiast on-line ready to show off his skill by producing one for you. :idea:

Following an unsucessful search and quotes for a replacement to be made, I have designed and made my own part using a 3D resin printer. It has added up and a steep learning curve, but should anyone require a latch please DM at [email protected]

I bought a 3d printer from Amazon for £240 (ELEGOO MARS UV Photocuring LCD 3D Printer) although with all the extra's like resin and cleaning bits and bobs (solvent, cloths, gloves, filters and jars, etc) closer to £350.

Yes, I can see this is more than I would have paid for a new complete cover, but currently creating other lost and broken bits of things around the house; including a chess piece and toothbrush holder.

If you decide to go down the purchase process, please investigate further, the process can be messy and rather smelly, especially the solvent. The resin is not too bad but would recommend very good airflow. It took 3 prints to get something resembling the part and a 4th to make it strong enough with a few tweaks.

There are companies out there who will do this for you, but with the design-time being so expensive the printing cost is usually pretty cheap.

I recently came across https://x8r.co.uk/ who may be able to help.

Happy 3D'ing :D

Back