charging facts

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emstek1

Hello, first of all, I am from germany, so please excuse my english. I am planing to charge my Outlander with my photo voltaic system on my barn roof. 8.4kw, h with a realistic outcome of 1 to 7.3 kw, h How much Do I need for constant charging. Or does it depend on other things like ampeers or what ever???
Tanks a lot

There was a similar thread running a couple of weeks ago. The consensus was that it really is not feasible to charge an Outlander using ONLY power from a solar panel bank - the car expects to be able to draw as much current as it wants. In Britain, at least, most solar installations are linked to the mains grid and the controller will draw any extra power required from the grid, thus giving the car the unlimited supply it is expecting.

However, most UK domestic installations are 4kw peak, so if you have 8kw, I would have thought you would be fine to charge it so long as the weather is reasonable, but any extra would come from the grid assuming you are connected ( I take it from your post that this may not be the case - you would then be victim to clouds drifting over, not sure how this would work, probably wouldn't do the battery management system of the car any good?).

We are planning to get 4 or 8 kw pv soon, depending on economics (awaiting quotes) but we always have the grid to draw on.
Cheers
H

Hello Hypermiler I am connected to the grib, but it is for me a kind of great idea to drive only by the power of the sun. Economically it dont make sense here in germany, because the power you produce and do not need, you sell to the local electric Power supplier. Maby thanks for the link

Back