Problems with dragging/possible cruise or speed regulator

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electricrobert

We have two outlander PHEVs and one of them has developed a problem of dragging slightly at any speeds over 40 miles an hour when the accelerator pedal is released, this happens regardless of the cruise control or regenerative braking being in operation. This effect is intermittent, a bit like kangaroo petrol! It feel like the baking paddles are being turned on and off. This happens regardless of the battery levels! It is a worrying development and makes one wonder if the car will suddenly stop. Any ideas?

Had the car looked at yesterday by Mitsubishi, they couldn't find anything wrong with it, except that the pre select B on the selector had been put into max level braking, but I have tried all possibilities of adjustments and the problem is still there, they had the callipers stripped down and all, nothing there, it is a mystery! Worried that there is an indefinable software problem!

It is unlikely that it is a software problem from your description, but if it is, a reinstall should cure it. When my car developed a software bug in the FCM, the dealer was unable to find it. They hooked the car up to Mitsubishi Japan through the Internet and t hey found a few corrupted lines, reinstalled and the problem was gone.

Interesting! I come back to this forum after a few weeks and the first thread is about a problem that I may also be experiencing.

I noticed while driving yesterday that the car seemed to be doing just as the OP describes, even with the regen at zero while driving along a bumpy country lane it felt like the regen was being applied slightly and then turned off.

It was very subtle and I did wonder if I was imagining it but it seems that it may have been real. I will continue to monitor it this week and report back

What you are describing could be the traction control.

I've had it trigger a couple of times on wet, muddy roads, and it feels a little odd.

Back