what I dislike about my new PHEV

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocklandroger

There are 2 things that really bug me about this vehicle, although overall I like it a lot!
The first is that the manuals are awful, I have given up trying to find anything useful in them. They appear to be written in Japanese by a bunch of lawyers and then poorly translated. 50% of the books are cover your ass clauses, description of how things work are almost non existent.
The second is that when the vehicle is turned off, the settings are lost so if you were running in Save mode and stopped for a refuel or a coffee, when you get back on the road you are back in normal mode. On my last long trip I ran the battery down to zero on the highway twice that way!

If you search through the history of this site, you will find vast numbers of posts discussing both of these topics.

You are correct, the manual is terrible and would save two planet's worth of trees if all the warning notices were removed, but where would the fun be in that!

Secondly, every single PHEV driver on the planet has the same issue as you regarding their car not remembering the last used driving mode settings when they turn it off and then on again and we have all learnt to live with it, as will you.

- The seat belt for the driver is a bit far back and hard to reach at least the way I am comfortable with the seat position, which is an issue if you have a back pain like me ATM :!:
- Had I read the user manual before I bought it I may have reconsidered, as every second warning display shown in the manual tells you to contact Mitsubishi Service :evil:
- It is extremely hard to find a PHEV service/technical manual, only a confusing online one without images , which is pointless :roll:
- The fact that my 60,000km used vehicle has only 76% SoH left and even if if I would do summersaults, flat battery and everything, Lindqvist does not work :cry:
- The Alarm goes off if the emergency key is used to open the door :?

Back