WiFi Module on 2014 PHEV

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esteban866

Hello, i would like to know if the wifi module is always active after installation in the car or you need to activate it to be active? i asked this question because i learnt that if the wifi module is active in the car (which claimed to be always active), it can auto charge the 12V auxillary battery daily from 2pm. fyi, i do not installed or use the Remote Control App on my phone as perhaps has no intention to do so. But i do want to know iof the wifi module is in active mode, so i did a scanning on my mobile for available wifi network but i could not find the SSID of the wifi network... does it mean that the wifi module is not active or activated by itself?

i am in Europe and i am having the Instyle NAVI 2014 model. i am sure i have the wifi module in my car as i have the ssid and password for me to register with the Remote Control App. However, i just want to find out if the wifi is active/activated at all the time in the car as i could not detect my car's wifi network in my Android phone when i switch on wifi connection in my phone to detect available wifi network.

if there's no phone registered to it, will it still auto charge the 12V battery on daily basis at 2pm as i read it somewhere that the big battery will charge the small 12V battery if you have the wifi module installed/enabled in the car. i just need to confirm this i might leave my car idle for 3-4 weeks due to out of country...and i wish my car will still be able to switch on when i am back.

if there's no phone registered to it, will it still auto charge the 12V battery on daily basis at 2pm

Pretty sure that it won't. Also, note that there was a wifi security firmware update in the past that was unintentionally bricking / disabling the wifi module. If that's been done, and not corrected,
you may not have a functioning module - you'd have to try enabling it and registering a device to find out.

Back