Kenwood unit to display EV info

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gheorghe

Morning!
My 2nd post on this forum comes with this question (s) :
Is it possible to display EV info on Kenwood units?
Is it possible to replace the unit with a newer Kenwood unit or Mitsubishi (I know about the Dasaita, but I would like a genuine device) ?
My model is DDX630WBT. This unit is ok(running as designed) , but no Android connection possible on it, navi is quite slow, maps are out of date and mic has poor sensibilty ( i realy have to scream when on phone).
Thank you guys!
... and enjoy your PHEV's!

The short answer is no.

The device in the dashboard is a computer.
It runs software. (i.e. the EV monitoring stuff)
If you buy a different computer, with different software, you see different things.

I haven't seen anything from anyone who has written software, like Mitsubishi's, to run on different computers.

Your microphone problem is an entirely different issue.

If anyone has solved that one, I haven't seen it posted here.

It seems to be a new thing, older models, like mine, don't seem to have it.

Has anyone tried installing the PhevWatchdog on one of the chinese Android head units and feeding it data via Bluetooth from an OBD dongle?

Andy,
Thank you for your answer. I will probably buy a Dasaita and run watch dog on it. I will also ask MMC tommorow if a MMCS unit can be fitted.
Will it be same answer for trying to install a remote control unit?
Thank you again, and thank you for all those nice videos on youtube. Great effort, great info! Keep up the good work!
Regards,
George.

I asked the dealer about the possibility of updating the Kenwood unit to Rockford MMCS. They say it is....for 2500E... :eek: :shock: :shock:
I will buy a Dasaita unit. The specs are looking good. I will keep u posted after installing. Probably in a couple of weeks.

Why not try a breakers yard
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.nl%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F143372671433
This is wrong model year.

But with some luck you can get the 2014 specification

Back