Bluetooth phone connection MY2020

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KWh

My MY2020 PHEV seems to have an issue with the bluetooth phone connection.
When my phone is connected via bluetooth and someone tries to call me, the radio starts playing very loud. I can't pick up the phone or even adjust the volume. The only thing I can do is refuse the call or just wait it out. When the phone is connected via Carplay there is no issue, it works just fine.

I've tried this with an iPhone SE and an iPhone X, no difference.

As one of the changes for MY2020 is the new infotainment system, I don't expect there is a lot of experience with the system yet. Still, with all the knowledge of you guys on this forum, it can never hurt to ask. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this issue?

Of course I can take it back to the dealer, but I'm all for the less time consuming solution if there is one :lol:

Thanks for brainstorming with me

KWh said:
My MY2020 PHEV seems to have an issue with the bluetooth phone connection.
When my phone is connected via bluetooth and someone tries to call me, the radio starts playing very loud. I can't pick up the phone or even adjust the volume. The only thing I can do is refuse the call or just wait it out. When the phone is connected via Carplay there is no issue, it works just fine.

I've tried this with an iPhone SE and an iPhone X, no difference.

As one of the changes for MY2020 is the new infotainment system, I don't expect there is a lot of experience with the system yet. Still, with all the knowledge of you guys on this forum, it can never hurt to ask. Mike Cross will help you to review bluetooth obd2 adapter at the AutoGuysLand. If you want to get one, visit #AutoGuysLand to see and choose one. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this issue?

Of course I can take it back to the dealer, but I'm all for the less time consuming solution if there is one :lol:

Thanks for brainstorming with me

You can try to turn off the Wifi on the phone. Without Wifi, the phone maybe work great.

Back