Timed Air Conditioning Not Working

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sebastian

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has had this same issue and knows what the problem is.

I have recently purchased a second hand PHEV with a 65 plate (2nd generation PHEV). I haven't been able to use the app for the timed air con function yet as I have an android phone and it doesn't work. I've tried wiping the memory of what is connected (I get two beeps when trying to start the registration process) by pressing the lock and unlock buttons 10 times each (20 in total) which I read in another forum, but it doesn't work. Well, anyway that's more of a side issue.

Because I cannot use the app, I have tried using the timer on the MMCS and it just doesn't work. Not for heating or aircon. Nothing happens at all. Both of these work fine when I'm actually driving the car, but the pre-cooling or pre-heating just doesn't do anything. It doesn't even blow a fan.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks

I have the same problem with the timed aircon not working.
I've had the car for 10months from new. The timed aircon was working last winter.
It has worked one this autumn but hasn;t worked for a few weeks now.
Still trying to figure out the cause unfortunately. If I find it I'll re-post.

Can't help with your situations but I've switched mine on this week to heat the windscreen in the mornings and had no issues. Timer loaded through the MMCS. 67 plate.
Just to add the car has been plugged in to the charger when it's timed to come on so don't know if that makes any difference.

I’ve just read on another thread that UK cars have struggled with the change from Summer time saving. It might be worth setting it to heat an hour earlier and see if that works.

I have encountered this issue when using remote/wifi climate control while having the timer enabled. It is a system bug.

What I find helped was just getting into the car, deleting all existing timers, and reprogramming the timers.

Worked for me.

Back