Battery Light on cant move off

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nibbo

Sorry if this is duplicated but I cannot search for any of the words in the title as they are 'too common'; not sure how I am supposed to find threads that relate to this issue?

Anyhow... sometime I push my foot on the brake and optimistically press the ON button.
It all lights up and bings and bongs, but I cant select backward or forward, if I try I get some beeps and it stays in park, then I notice that there is a battery illuminated on the dash.
Turn off and back on (did Microsoft make this bit?) and its all OK again.
It only happens about 1 in 15 times but is this indicative of an impending failure or is this just a quirk? Anyone else get this?

Thanks
Nibbo

More likely you are missing the sequence with hand & foot - done it myself many times without realising :oops:

greendwarf said:
More likely you are missing the sequence with hand & foot - done it myself many times without realising :oops:

I will keep a check on that but wouldn't that just put it into accessory mode? Perhaps releasing the brake to quickly does it, will do some 'tests'.
Thanks

Normally, the battery symbol in the left circular window only stays on when you press ON without holding down the footbrake.

That's a warning that you are draining the AUX battery.

If it came on while driving it would indicate a fault with the charging system.

So my guess is that you are not pressing and holding the brake pedal down until the completion of the start sequence, or you are not pressing hard enough, or the brakes-on sensor or switch is intermittent.

Well, I think I have worked it out.
It is when I have been sat in Accessory mode and then press the start button again without my foot on the brake.
It goes into ready mode with the battery light on but will not let you select a gear.

It would make more sense if it went from Off to Accessory then back to Off if the brake is not depressed... at least I know what it is now.

Thanks for all replies.

Back