New Phone Time

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nibbo

Hi All

Time to upgrade my phone as it is 3 years old now. What I would love to know is which handsets are fully compatible with the MMCS head unit in a 2015 PHEV?
According to Mitsubishi my Samsung S7 edge is fully compatible but I can assure you it is not... it will not import my contacts no matter what I try!
Mitsubishi are probably not at fault here as I know Samsung tend to ignore industry standards in favour of their own, especially Bluetooth, they seem to think it is OK to create their own protocol...

So, excluding Samsung's, it would be great to hear from anyone who has managed the following to help me choose my next phone:
1. pair and make phone calls.
2. successfully import their contacts
3. can use the latest app

Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi Nibbo - I have a Blackberry Key2, running Android 8.1 and the app works with no issues (I am constantly changing the times to pre-heat and it's never missed the mark!).

I also don't have any issues using the Hands Free capabilities with all my contacts imported.

Cheers

Bloggsy

Thanks Bloggsy, will add that to the list. Never was a BB fan but they seem to have changed a lot so worth another look.

Back