New front brake discs and pads

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnR

I am going to change my front discs and pads soon, as they are marked as an advisory on my latest MOT test.

When I look online for suitable products I find quite a lot of different makes ( Brembo, EBC, TRW, Nippart and more ), with quite a range of prices.

Does anyone know what brand was actually used by Mitsubishi?

My car is a 2014 GX4H.

Thanks,

John

JohnR said:
I am going to change my front discs and pads soon, as they are marked as an advisory on my latest MOT test.

When I look online for suitable products I find quite a lot of different makes ( Brembo, EBC, TRW, Nippart and more ), with quite a range of prices.

Does anyone know what brand was actually used by Mitsubishi?

My car is a 2014 GX4H.

Thanks,

John

According to this recall information on the Outlander (non PHEV), it mentions the OEM brake component supplier is Akebono, so good chance that the PHEV brake components are the same supplier: https://www.motorsafety.org/category/mitsubishi-recalls

Other reference: https://www.akebono-brake.com/english/product_technology/product/automotive/index.html

Once I had found more details of the model variant (GG2W) that narrowed it down just a bit, after which I chose Ferodo parts.

I’ll comment again once they arrive and I do the work.

A late follow up to this thread.

The work took only a couple of hours, and the Ferodo parts fitted perfectly. The brakes feel good, as does the fact that I spent under £100 to do it myself as opposed to well over £500 as quoted by the main dealer.

JohnR said:

The work took only a couple of hours, and the Ferodo parts fitted perfectly. The brakes feel good, as does the fact that I spent under £100 to do it myself as opposed to well over £500 as quoted by the main dealer.

Well done JohnR :D I also replaced my pads and discs on all 4 corners (as well as the brake fluid) myself although I didn't use Ferodo. Isn't it satisfying to know they've been done well? ;)

Cheers

Bloggsy

JohnR said:

I hope you thoroughly cleaned and re-lubricated the sliders, seals etc as they are notorious for seizing up, even supposed post recall ones.

littlescrote said:
JohnR said:

I hope you thoroughly cleaned and re-lubricated the sliders, seals etc as they are notorious for seizing up, even supposed post recall ones.

Yup.

Back