Deleting auto fold mirrors

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael8554

I have MUT 3 and a working mini VCI.

Can I stop the mirrors from auto folding when I lock and unlock, but still fold them using the buttons on the inside of the driver's door?

If yes, what is the procedure please?

I'm concerned about doing it wrong and bricking the car :-(

It is a menu item in "settings" But why would you want to? I find it very practical, I can see from a distance whether I didn't forget to lock the car.

jaapv said:
It is a menu item in "settings" But why would you want to? I find it very practical, I can see from a distance whether I didn't forget to lock the car.

I disable mine in the winter so there isn't any strain/damage to the motors when there's freezing rain/ice buildup on the mirrors.

I have it enabled in + degree weather though, as you stated it is very useful to just look at the car and see it is locked!

There should be an OEM way of enabling/disabling the feature, even if you do not have the MMCS - either through a hidden menu or some other model specific procedure. I work for another OEM and "there is always a way".

Worst case is a dealer has to do it.

With mini VCI in mut-3 select Etacs, special function, customization and then change the auto fold mirror.

before selecting etacs, choose can`t see part number.

Thanks Xavier,

I found a table online, ETACS-ECU Coding Data, which Included:

Auto fold mirror. Keyless/KOS
and
Fold Mirror. Enable

Do I change the first item, and to what value?

minical said:
jaapv said:

I disable mine in the winter so there isn't any strain/damage to the motors when there's freezing rain/ice buildup on the mirrors.

I have it enabled in + degree weather though, as you stated it is very useful to just look at the car and see it is locked!

There should be an OEM way of enabling/disabling the feature, even if you do not have the MMCS - either through a hidden menu or some other model specific procedure. I work for another OEM and "there is always a way".

I don't think there is any danger of damage - the mechanism has a slip clutch. It might be a problem to have them frozen up in folded position, though.

jaapv said:
minical said:
jaapv said:

I don't think there is any danger of damage - the mechanism has a slip clutch. It might be a problem to have them frozen up in folded position, though.

Do the windscreen wipers have a slip clutch as well?
I worry they might get frozen solid and autowipe might try to move them....

I don't think they do. And even if they do move, the rubber will not appreciate being ripped off the windscreen and dragged across an icy screen. Much better to turn off the auto-wipe function.

JohanvdH said:
jaapv said:
jaapv said:

Do the windscreen wipers have a slip clutch as well?
I worry they might get frozen solid and autowipe might try to move them....
No they don't; lift them to the turned-out position with frost and ice.

Back