Does anyone have a list of battery connections?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIKERMGA

What I am wondering, after a month of driving a 2019 model in Canada, is which battery supplies which items? For example, is it the main 12 volt battery/alternator that supplies power to the seat warmers, the heater fan, etc, or is it the lithium battery?

It would be helpful to know which battery is supplying what items. I assume the headlights, the wipers, the rear window heater and some other high current items are supplied by the main battery/alternator. If so, does the engine have to be running to supply these items?

Also, according to the heater schematic, there is a water pump, an electric heater, and a fan to provide the cabin heat. But this seems to stop working after about 15 to 20 minutes. Why? And the AC seems to come on randomly even when the button for AC is not touched.

Well, the drive battery is 300 volts. So assume that anything that's 12 volts is supplied from the small 12 volt battery in the rear. Augmented by the alternator when required.

All 12V items are fed from the small battery, which in turn is charged from the main battery. There is no alternator, just the 300V generator (which functions as a starter motor as well).

OK. Is there a circuit diagram for the electrical system on the PHEV? I might better understand it then.

The 300V battery. When the car is running the 12V battery gets topped up continuously, otherwise, when switched off, once a day.

BIKERMGA said:
Also, according to the heater schematic, there is a water pump, an electric heater, and a fan to provide the cabin heat. But this seems to stop working after about 15 to 20 minutes. Why? And the AC seems to come on randomly even when the button for AC is not touched.

Once the target heat is reached these turn on and off as required to maintain temp. Also pressing auto switches mode and fan speed during build up.

Mr Dwarf.

I agree that the heater and fan switch off supposedly when the inside temp reaches the set one. However, if you have it set to 24C, the interior does not appear to reach 24, and then the vents blow cold air. There is supposed to be an inside temp sensor, but I wonder if it is not sensitive enough. Also, a set 24 never feels like 24. (We used to drive with 20C set in our Chrysler, and it was more than warm enough.)

BIKERMGA said:
Mr Dwarf.

I agree that the heater and fan switch off supposedly when the inside temp reaches the set one. However, if you have it set to 24C, the interior does not appear to reach 24, and then the vents blow cold air. There is supposed to be an inside temp sensor, but I wonder if it is not sensitive enough. Also, a set 24 never feels like 24. (We used to drive with 20C set in our Chrysler, and it was more than warm enough.)

Ah well that's a different problem, which I have fortunately not come across in my 2014 car. I can certainly ramp it up all the way to 29c with no cold air coming through the vents. :D

Back