5V Supply to dash cam using ACC fuse

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anilw

Dear All;
I need to connect 5V (mini USB) power supply to my Dash CAM.. there is a hard wire available in Aliexpress.com (cheaper and looks OK)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33026595793.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.64f67253iSXwRC&algo_pvid=7544b67c-a76f-4f54-b067-538e44b29050&algo_expid=7544b67c-a76f-4f54-b067-538e44b29050-0&btsid=0c536852-f351-42db-af34-c5797265cb81&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_1,searchweb201603_53

but i need your support.. which fuse i should buy
Medium or Small?
5f7d71294b.png

if anyone has already used this or anybody can comment on this ... pls reply

Hi anilw - here's what I used:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Holder-Pieces-Circuit-Piggy-Blade/dp/B07DH4YTBR/ref=sr_1_9?crid=XQ9YGF6EPJII&keywords=piggyback+fuse&qid=1577697036&sprefix=piggyback+fu%2Caps%2C432&sr=8-9

I've also put together a 'How To', just in case you want to see how I did mines :D However, it's not letting me add docx or pdf files!

If you want to PM me with your email address, I'll send it to you.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Bloggsy

Those fuse holders are hopeless. The amount of vehicles i have seen being towed in because one of those has fallen out and taken a major circuit out of operation is crazy. Properly hardwired is the way to go.

DibbyDibbyDJ said:
Those fuse holders are hopeless. The amount of vehicles i have seen being towed in because one of those has fallen out and taken a major circuit out of operation is crazy. Properly hardwired is the way to go.

I've used them for years and never had a problem. Have been inserted vertically and upside down.

Tks guys for your replies... they are really helpfull.. but i guess this will not lead a problem in the circuit....

appreciate if anybody confirm me.. tks

anilw said:
Tks guys for your replies... they are really helpfull.. but i guess this will not lead a problem in the circuit....

appreciate if anybody confirm me.. tks

Hi anilw - I've used the piggyback fuses for years in my previous car, and my PHEV and I've not had any issues at all! All of the other electric functions are unaffected and there's no error messages of battery drain problems.

I've also emailed you the instructions and some extra photo's.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Bloggsy

I don't think a piggyback connection to the AUX fuse is going to disable the car should it for some bizarre reason comes loose........

Back