OBD2 Readerinterfering with passenger Window Operation

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aenertia

Hi there;

I took my car in for a service to fix faulty sonar sensor (see post : https://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4857) . Car is brand new as of December >5000K on the clock new MY20 PHEV, I left my icar3 plugged in - which I use to monitor battery state with PHEVWatchdog. I also mentioned that the passenger window control was sometimes sticking (2 weeks driving with in-laws ...) and managed to get it to do it when the dealer was present.

They didn't fix the sonar issue and blammed the window control sticking on the icar3 obd2 adapter.

Has anyone experienced this behaviour ?

Basically from the passenger window control bring down then up then try and bring the window down again. It will not respond occasionally.

I've had similar experience in every brand of used car I've owned, occasional non-responsive window switches.

Is it the same with the driver's switch for the passenger window?

I can't imagine why the dongle would affect the window operation, but who knows - try for a while with the dongle unplugged!!

There is a button inhibiting the operation of the passengers windows which is easily pressed inadvertently.

The mitsi tech's apparently took it apart thinking it was a loose coupling on the switch MCU which obviously is sometimes an issue.

But after finding and removing the icar3 reader - it operates normally.

Given my understanding of canbus - the only explanation I have is that the polling rate is being set too high for the car.

Am aware of the modal lock switch - but it wasn't that.

aenertia said:
Hi there;

I took my car in for a service to fix faulty sonar sensor (see post : https://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4857) . Car is brand new as of December >5000K on the clock new MY20 PHEV, I left my icar3 plugged in - which I use to monitor battery state with PHEVWatchdog. I also mentioned that the passenger window control was sometimes sticking (2 weeks driving with in-laws ...) and managed to get it to do it when the dealer was present.

They didn't fix the sonar issue and blammed the window control sticking on the icar3 obd2 adapter.

Has anyone experienced this behaviour ?

Basically from the passenger window control bring down then up then try and bring the window down again. It will not respond occasionally.

Using some cheap chinese OBD2 adapters (which did not work with the DOG apps), I remember I got the tailgate to open automatically .. so yes ... it is possible that a "poor" OBD2 adapter could cause some "noise" and error behavior in the PHEV

Back