Keyless entry problem

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nibbo

Hi All

One of my keys has stopped allowing me to use keyless entry; I cannot open or lock the vehicle without using the key fob buttons.
No big problem but why I wonder... one key works fine but the other not.
I wont call it the 'spare' key because I use both regularly; one has my work keys on and I prefer not to carry them around at weekends so use the other key.
I have changed the battery, even though there were no warnings on the dash as described in the manual, but still the same.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Nibbo

This happens from time to time.
When you use the buttons (lock/unlock), keyless is working again.

Haven't figured out, which rule this is following, but had it many times.
I would say, this is by design.

I don't care at all.

I have found that how I position myself makes a difference :) According to the dealer, the FOB/Car-door connection is via a NFC handshake and having my body between the FOB and the car will screw with this. Depends on which pocket the key is in ... my wife never has a problem, but her key is in her purse which is always in the same position, whereas my key ends up in a random pocket in my jacket.

It depends on the position of your smartphone.
The smartphone messes the signal from the fob.

JohanvdH said:
It depends on the position of your smartphone. The smartphone messes the signal from the fob.

Ah, maybe that was it, I may do a test later.
As it was a bit colder here in the UK recently I had my key in my jacket's 'hand' pocket and my phone in the jacket's inside pocket making them pretty close to each other.
I though it was just a problem with one key but the other one did it yesterday, again when the phone was in my inside pocket.
Thanks

Well, it was none of the above...

Got to the car on Sunday and struggled to open the door with the remote let alone keyless.
Finally got into the car and the dash said it could not detect my key :shock:
Replaced the battery (again) and now all OK so I must have had a duff replacement battery the first time.

Not sure why I never got the 'KEY BATTERY LOW' warning on the dash though...?

Back