New 2021PHEV

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickers7893

Just seen some details of the new 2021 Mitsu PHEV
After six years leading the industry with the Orlando PHEV I think that they will miss the boat with the new model.
The opposition are now snapping at their heels with a range of PHEV's and EV's due over the next two years.
The forcast EV range of the new model is 45miles which by experience everyone knows will never be achieved.
My MY19 Juro started out at a guesometer indication of mid 30's, after 12 months that is down to mid 20's
Sorry Mitsu my next vehicle due in 2021 will need to have an ev range of 150 miles as a minimum.

Big John :cry:
MY19 Juro
MY16 GX3+

Given the concept of a PHEV as opposed to a BEV with range extender, I guess there is no real need for a vastly greater range. The weight of the battery needed would impact hybrid performance too much. The Porsche Panamera PHEV, for instance, has only 30 nominal miles as well.

vickers7893 said:
Just seen some details of the new 2021 Mitsu PHEV
After six years leading the industry with the Orlando PHEV I think that they will miss the boat with the new model.
The opposition are now snapping at their heels with a range of PHEV's and EV's due over the next two years.
The forcast EV range of the new model is 45miles which by experience everyone knows will never be achieved.
My MY19 Juro started out at a guesometer indication of mid 30's, after 12 months that is down to mid 20's
Sorry Mitsu my next vehicle due in 2021 will need to have an ev range of 150 miles as a minimum.

Big John :cry:
MY19 Juro
MY16 GX3+

So you are going to get BEV like me - I'm hoping for an electric Mustang @ £40k :cool:

The advantage of a longer electric range is for tax reasons, and for the manufacturers to claim lower average CO2 emissions.
As a company car driver I’m happy to pay less tax so would be interested in this. Obviously it’s nice if it achieves it too but not the deciding factor for most.

It will be on my list grredwarf
The point I was making is that Mitsu will be under a lot of pressure in 2021.
The following are showcasing PHEV SUV's in 2020= Nissan, Mazda, Kia, Ford, Toyota to name a few.
And what about that smaller SUV from MG. Ev range 150 miles and getting excellent write ups,order book sold out.
What happened to the tie up with Bosh some while ago to give us better battery performance?
I rest my case.

Big John :(

My 19 Juro
My 16 GX3+

The UK now says it will stop selling all petrol & diesel cars (inc. hybrids) by 2035 - so the pressure is on manufacturers to solve EV range and recharging issues. Meanwhile BP are installing 150KW charging points.

Not to mention reinforcing the UK's electricity generation which has been systematically destroyed over the last few years! :eek:

Back