Volume control when using satnav from phone

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hjs

Can anyone help with guidance on how to adjust the volume (very loud) when using Satnav with iPhone connection?
Volume control does not work on the phone or dash display.
Cheers
John

Hjs said:
Can anyone help with guidance on how to adjust the volume (very loud) when using Satnav with iPhone connection?
Volume control does not work on the phone or dash display.
Cheers
John
What about setting the volume before you connect the phone?

On mine, adjusting the volume controls on the iphone or the central screen adjust the satnav volume. If I have the iphone volume set too low, I can find that the volume isn't loud enough even with the "radio" volume turned up full.

Phone volume has become a problem on 2019 PHEV. About 2 months ago the volume refused to go over level 11. Read on this forum that this may require a software update.

Went to the dealer today. They checked my software status and found it was the current one they have (1L). Then they deleted my phone from the listing, and then reinstalled it. No change. Now they are intending to replace the "head unit" under warranty. (Seems a bit drastic to me.) But they say this will ensure I get the latest radio with the latest software.

I believe this is a SAFETY ISSUE. If you have to strain to hear an incoming call, you are not able to concentrate on the road. This MUST be resolved by MITSUBISHI immediately.

Not sure if there is an IOS equivalent but I installed a 'Bluetooth Volume Manager' on my android phone and set the volume to max.
Sorted... :D

BIKERMGA said:
I believe this is a SAFETY ISSUE. If you have to strain to hear an incoming call, you are not able to concentrate on the road. This MUST be resolved by MITSUBISHI immediately.

Not sure that listening to a phone call is an intrinsic part of driving, therefore I don't see it as a genuine safety issue.

In fact, safety experts suggest there is almost as much distraction using hands-free as using a hand held mobile. :eek:

greendwarf said:
In fact, safety experts suggest there is almost as much distraction using hands-free as using a hand held mobile. :eek:

OP was talking about using the iPhone for it's SatNav… higher volume would mean they don't have to take their eyes off the road to look at the phone for directions that just because they could not hear them; so, in this instance we are enhancing safety.

The only reason I wanted higher volume was to use Spotify on my phone via Bluetooth to use the car speaker system. That way I can use Google commands to change the music instead of the MMCS screen, also safer I would suggest.

Back