Intermittent loud noise on motorway

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VillageIdiotDan

Hi,

90kmph on poor condition tarmac motorway surface we experienced alot of road noise in ice mode.

Pulled over thinking I had a flat and all good (later checked and all 4 have 35psi). Set off again, this time in EV and it occurred still but within a minute stopped Thought it may be the fronts are fairly worn (not illegal) but then I'd expect it to happen all the time.

Any ideas? I'm thinking maybe uneven wear on the tyres and it only occurs when in a certain rhythm?

Dan

VillageIdiotDan said:
Hi,

90kmph on poor condition tarmac motorway surface we experienced alot of road noise in ice mode.

Pulled over thinking I had a flat and all good (later checked and all 4 have 35psi). Set off again, this time in EV and it occurred still but within a minute stopped Thought it may be the fronts are fairly worn (not illegal) but then I'd expect it to happen all the time.

Any ideas? Visit AutoGuysLand to review what rpm should my car idle at if you concern. I'm thinking maybe uneven wear on the tyres and it only occurs when in a certain rhythm?

Dan

I think you can try to check if it is tires noise or wind noise.

Back