Milage on ev and milage on petrol

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cezaris

Hello guys !

I am a new owner of a outlander PHEV 2016 with 113k on clock. There is any option to see how many miles it was do e on electric and how many miles was done on petrol?
Thanks

I think the OP wants to know how many of the vehicles total mileage (113k) was done using the ICE and how much on electric.
I've often wondered this, some people (me included) don't like high mileage cars but if it has done 100k EV then the ICE is barely run-in at 13k.

My PHEV as only 23k and I do around 95% EV (according to the dash) so the ICE may only have covered about 1200 miles :eek:

Don't think there is any way to tell for the lifetime of the vehicle though...

i'd rather a high mileage one that has done more on the ICE than the battery. An ICE can easily handle hundreds of thousands km (or miles). There is no such thing as 'run in' with modern engines and their build tolerances.

I thought the car only ran in parallel mode (ICE+electric) at high speeds. At lower speeds the ICE is charging the battery, not driving the wheels, so I am not sure you can compare the longevity of the PHEV to a standard petrol-driven car directly in that way.

ThudnBlundr said:
Very few cars will have done high mileages at low speeds, so the ICE will almost certainly have driven a high-mileage car directly for most of its miles.
Even when the PHEV is driven at high speed I understand it is working in parallel mode i.e. electric motors and ICE

It will use the electric motors at high speed if it needs extra power, but primarily it tries to use the ICE connected directly to the front wheels at its most efficient power for that speed and send any extra power to the batteries. Then it will switch to EV for a short while to deplete the battery until it shows empty and then it will cycle through the whole hysteresis loop again. But most of the energy comes from the ICE in parallel mode, hence my comment.

Back