Regulo
Posts: 763
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:01 pm
Location: Essex, England

Re: Wi-fi issues can’t find the signal in my Wireless settin

Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:42 am

If you can make any sense of wiring diagrams, this might help. I can't fathom the half of it!

http://mmc-manuals.ru/manuals/outlander ... dex_M1.htm

You need to go to section 90, and scroll to Mitsubishi Remote control
Regards, Ray. 2014 GX4H Glacier blue.

It's the 21st century - so where's my nuclear-powered flying car, then?

ThudnBlundr
Posts: 736
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:18 am
Location: Yorkshire end of M1, UK

Re: Wi-fi issues can’t find the signal in my Wireless settin

Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:28 am

The WiFi network appeared automatically on my 2015 car. It popped up with the name Remotexxxx. I wasn't able to connect to it immediately as it had too many phones already connected by the previous owner, but after following the reset procedure I connected fine.

If it's not there, it's either been turned off or disconnected. I've not seen people on here talking about rewiring it in the past couple of years, so you might be venturing into uncharted territory with the wiring. Good luck!
2015 GX4hs since 03/18
2015 Renault Zoe R240 owner since 11/17

You may have speed, but I have momentum...Image

DarrenAvidGarnett
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:02 pm

Re: Wi-fi issues can’t find the signal in my Wireless settin

Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:40 am

Thanks for everyone’s comments thanks for the wiring diagram could find this anywhere. I am an electrician so hopefully will be able to work it out

DarrenAvidGarnett
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:02 pm

Re: Wi-fi issues can’t find the signal in my Wireless settin

Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:58 am

Regulo wrote:If you can make any sense of wiring diagrams, this might help. I can't fathom the half of it!

http://mmc-manuals.ru/manuals/outlander ... dex_M1.htm

You need to go to section 90, and scroll to Mitsubishi Remote control
Brilliant guide this been looking for something like this link for weeks, good man

DarrenAvidGarnett
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:02 pm

Re: Wi-fi issues can’t find the signal in my Wireless settin

Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:00 am

Looked at all the possible fuses and wiring looms all intact so I can only assume it’s the box itself. Any one got any other ideas

bigbaldbloke
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:26 am

Re: Wi-fi issues can’t find the signal in my Wireless settin

Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:34 am

Hi Darren

If I were in your shoes, I'd be trying one more time to see if it's deactivated due to no registered devices. When you say this:
DarrenAvidGarnett wrote: Tried the routine of 10 clicks of my key and the 20 clicks and hazard lights routine it beeps as it should.
What beeps are you getting?

bbb

DarrenAvidGarnett
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:02 pm

Re: Wi-fi issues can’t find the signal in my Wireless settin

Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:03 am

bigbaldbloke wrote:Hi Darren

If I were in your shoes, I'd be trying one more time to see if it's deactivated due to no registered devices. When you say this:
DarrenAvidGarnett wrote: Tried the routine of 10 clicks of my key and the 20 clicks and hazard lights routine it beeps as it should.
What beeps are you getting?

bbb
I am getting 1 beep on both methods as if no phones are registered.

bigbaldbloke
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:26 am

Re: Wi-fi issues can’t find the signal in my Wireless settin

Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:36 am

Have you tried the X5, then the X10, immediately followed by the X5 again? (I know, ridiculous isn't it?)

Although it's not safe to assume anything with this car's workings, I'd like to think that the beep codes indicate that the Wi-Fi module is communicating and therefore operational.

DarrenAvidGarnett
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:02 pm

Re: Wi-fi issues can’t find the signal in my Wireless settin

Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:58 am

bigbaldbloke wrote:Have you tried the X5, then the X10, immediately followed by the X5 again? (I know, ridiculous isn't it?)

Although it's not safe to assume anything with this car's workings, I'd like to think that the beep codes indicate that the Wi-Fi module is communicating and therefore operational.
It’s well weird I assume that also it communicating as I also have the timers on my MMCS.

I have tried lots of different combinations of the key presses.

Don’t know what to do I could buy a new unit but could have the same issues

Where do I get diagnostic software from so I can link my car to my laptop and see what’s going on

DarrenAvidGarnett
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:02 pm

Re: Wi-fi issues can’t find the signal in my Wireless settin

Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:18 am

DarrenAvidGarnett wrote:
bigbaldbloke wrote:Have you tried the X5, then the X10, immediately followed by the X5 again? (I know, ridiculous isn't it?)

Although it's not safe to assume anything with this car's workings, I'd like to think that the beep codes indicate that the Wi-Fi module is communicating and therefore operational.
It’s well weird I assume that also it communicating as I also have the timers on my MMCS.

I have tried lots of different combinations of the key presses.

Don’t know what to do I could buy a new unit but could have the same issues

Where do I get diagnostic software from so I can link my car to my laptop and see what’s going on
I wonder if the aerial has a faulty connection only thing I can think of as everything else seems to work as you would expect to connect except broadcasting the SSID for me to connect too

Return to “Technical Discussions”