Drivers window

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sipaldi

Picked up my new to me 19y outlander yesterday from a Mitsubishi dealer that's 100 miles away. Realised the drivers window will not operate at all, nothing. All other windows are fine. Noticed the plastic cap covering the screw in the hand well on the door is missing so I'm assuming someone has already had a look at this.
What's my best course of action now? Don't want to be making another 200 mile round trip. I have a couple of other dealers around 30 miles away. Should I contact the seller tomorrow and let him deal with it?

Assuming you got some warranty, I would contact the dealer that sold you the car,
And have him compensate you for travel the extra 200 miles. Or have him contact a dealer nearer to you in order to get it looked at.

Yep refer to dealer. this is a known problem on outlanders. Bad show that the dealer let one slip through

Assuming you are in UK - the warranty is offered by the manufacturer not the dealer, so any dealer is obliged to deal with problems arising under it. It is only if Mitsu refuses to accept it is a warranty issue that you have to go back to the original dealer to make a claim under consumer legislation. :)

Thanks guys, known issue eh.

I emailed the dealer this morning, awaiting a response now.

I am in the UK yes and the vehicle is just over 12 months old.

Back