Nibbo

Re: cannot connect phone app

Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:00 am

sipaldi wrote:Turns out the vehicle had to have a new passcode
Very surprised at that; an MY19 should have been on the latest security patched version!
Glad its working; now you can share your 'how bad is the app' experiences :lol:

spacerace

Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:05 am

Nibbo wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:57 am
The only other possibility is that the password is no longer valid; this happens when they applied a security patch but being an MY19 that should not apply.
I used the MMC online enquiry form to get a copy of my SSID and password which they emailed straight back to me so may be worth trying that also if all else fails.
Any idea why the password would no longer be valid. I'm in pairing mode (with no following beeps so assume no other devices are registered), but cannot successfully connect WiFi so I'm wondering if this is could be the cause.

Any link to the online MMC enquiry form? Or is it a dealer visit?

Thanks
Outlander PHEV 2015 GX4HS

Nibbo

Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:54 am

The password changes when they install the latest security patches, they should have told you the new one, I received a printout with it on.

MMC can be contacted here >> https://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.uk/com ... -us#anchor

FYI mine has never worked since the security upgrade using the latest version of the app and new password.

sipaldi

Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:18 am

02/11/2020 again the app has decided it cannot communicate with the vehicle. Rather poor if you ask me. Its due for a service so I will let the experts check it out again.

spacerace

Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:46 pm

Nibbo wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:54 am
The password changes when they install the latest security patches, they should have told you the new one, I received a printout with it on.

MMC can be contacted here >> https://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.uk/com ... -us#anchor

FYI mine has never worked since the security upgrade using the latest version of the app and new password.
Thanks for the link, and the advice, even if a little discouraging! I'm at my local dealer this week so will see get some good will help there.

spacerace

Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:43 am

Just to confirm resolution for *my* issue - have sorted with a dealer trip. Software *had* been updated, and had a totally new password, which was not in the manual!

A friendly technician game me the correct password, and I then connected successfully at home. All working great now.

Nibbo

Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:31 am

I recently emailed my service department to get them to confirm the new password as mine did not seem to work.
I was told that "sometimes they don't always work" and "another reset would be needed" :o
Another trip to the dealers who are quite a long away and in the wrong direction for me.

Cold frozen car days ahead.. :( .

Return to “Technical Discussions”