Battery degradation? - No, a musical car

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaapv

I noticed a rather pronounced drop in range over the last weeks. i was mildly worried - but then, the car is six years old and has done 135.000 km, so I could not really complain.
Then, yesterday, it developed a rather harmonious whistle on right hand turns and later another one on left hand ones. I was not pleased, as I am off skiing Sunday. Visited the dealer and yes, worn brake pads and disks (first set) and a seized brake caliper left front, as I suspected. Apparently, because of regen braking and the weight of the car, a seized caliper manifests itself as a loss of range, and not in the road behaviour of the car. Well, they made a spot in their busy schedule, have the parts in overnight and the repair slot is from eleven to one tomorrow morning. Good service :) .

So that's the answer to all our apparent battery degradation issues :lol:

Enjoy the skiing - I'm jealous :evil:

I hope we'll enjoy it - we had to divert from our favourite area Alta Badia in Italy to France, which is certainly not our first choice.

i hope you didn't have a wasted trip all the way to France on Saturday? i was supposed to be going in 3 weeks time, but that is now not happening.

by the way, which french resort were you going to?

Les deux Alpes. It was second choice after Alta Badia closed down. We had the car packed in the drive and had just finished talking to somebody in The2Alpes who told me everything was fine. Three minutes later a French news ticker popped up on my phone. :oops: The guy I had been talking to had arrived that morning at nine after driving through the night and called me at 10PM to say he had to get out of the hotel before midnight. We lost the money we paid.

Back