Phev continually on engine charging

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daveykbrig

Hi

May be totally unrelated but since I had my back tyres changed yesterday the car is continually charging and cannot be turned off at the switch. Could my choice of tyres cause this as Mitsubishi are claiming (Not Tyos) or could the fitters have damaged something?

Found solution on this forum.

Turns out it was an 'old fuel' problem, that I wasn't aware of being a thing, as I'd tanked up since March.
NOT, me requiring all new Tyos tyres as the car probably doesn't like odd ones that were fitted, as Stoneacre told me!
Will NEVER step through their doors again!!

I'm curious as to what sort of mechanism a Mitsu dealer would offer that could explain how choice of tyres could be causing the engine to run! That sounds like borderline fraud to me and worth a complaint to Mitsu themselves and/or trading standards :twisted:

Mine started doing it today too, seems I need to put in 15 litres of petrol for it to go away.

I suspect a lot of us will be finding this about now.

The timer seems to calculate 93 days to instigate this situation. Had it last week. Unfortunately I'd just completely filled the tank in anticipation of a long journey 3 days before lockdown! Tried the IOD fuse removal method documented elsewhere on here, but it didn't work for me. Much driving around with a full battery and the engine running until I could get 20 litres in.

Back