Front offside door lock button - broken or a settings issue?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farlsborough

Bought a 2014 GX4H last week, pleased overall, especially with battery range given the age of the vehicle.

Getting to know the quirks, and I've realised the external door lock/unlock button on the front passenger side doesn't work. Is this just plain broken and needs fixing (or rather, ignoring!) or is there some weird setting to disable it that I don't know about? And if the former, has anyone done this job themselves?

My 2015 front offside door (UK, drivers side) external button also failed to lock & unlock the car.
It was repaired under warranty so I didn't delve any deeper. However, it was obvious that the dealer had removed the door handle.
I guessed that either the button or fob proximity sensor had failed.
Not aware of aware of any settings available.
Does the other side work ok?

Found this in the manual. Same for both sides of the car.

Inspection Procedure 6: Driver’s door lock/unlock switch does not work.

caution Before replacing the ECU, ensure that the power supply circuit, the earth circuit and the communication circuit are normal.
PROBABLE CAUSES

Malfunction of the outside transmission antenna assembly (driver’s side)
Malfunction of the lock/unlock switch (driver’s side)
Damaged wiring harness and connectors
Malfunction of the KOS-ECU

Thanks. Yeah, works fine on driver's side, which is why it's no huge problem! Is that the workshop manual? Is there a link available to DL on here somewhere...? :)

If this is a little button on the handle, it communicates with the FOB via NFS (so my dealer tells me). As such the range is very limited and needs a short clear site. To test, take the FOB out of your pocket/purse and hold it 2 or 3 feet way from the door in one hand and try the button with the other hand. If that doesn't work ... it's broken. Oh, make sure the battery in the FOB is good.

On my 2014 GX4h, I get an issue on both front doors where it won't unlock using the button when the weather is warm, it does however lock OK.
Most annoying as I then have to fish around for the fob to unlock the car.
I have since discovered that the rear door will work OK in warm weather and unlock the car.
Last year the black button unit on the drivers door was replaced under warranty and summer came to and end so it wasn't an issue, now summer is back, so that maybe wasn't the answer.

The unlock knobs will sometimes not work properly if you have a mobile phone near your fob.
When you have no phone on you unlocking should be fine.

Back