Fans loud while driving and while charging

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vivolash

Short background.
I bought a 2014 PHEV in 2018 and for 2 years it was running fine without any problems. My wife and I drove up and down Europe and didn't even get a puncture.
In April I had a vehicle inspection (APK) which also included some maintenance (disk brake pads, tyres, battery etc).
Due to COVID the car was idle for a few weeks and both batteries went totally flat. Service tried to revive it (charing the battery and jump-start) but with not luck and it was then towed to a Mitsubishi garage.

They then brought the car back to life and everything seemed to be working as before (all the meters, gauges and indicators are ok and car drives fine)
BUT now the aircon and radiator fans go on and stay on as soon as I start the engine or when I plug in the charging lead. This had never happened before.

Took it back to the garage, who ran a set of diagnostics but couldn't find the source of the problem. They are very happy to keep running tests and charge me 100 euro/hr but they don't seem to have any clue about what the problem could be and this could go on for a while.

I was wondering if anyone has been experiencing the same issues and has any suggestions.

Thanks!

Back