Warranty and independent servicing

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hankhill

The 5 year warranty on our UK PHEV 4ghs expires in September. There are no official recalls showing for it (we had door locks done under recall) but I wondered if there are any common warranty failure items, or weaknesses, that I should take a look for, before the window to get them fixed under warranty goes away? I'm sure I read something about door seals somwehere.

Also, does anyone have experience in having servicing done by an independent causing warranty issues? MOT and service is due now, and my local trusted independent is happy to service the car at a fraction of the cost of the Mitsubishi main stealer.

Well, given that a 140.000 km service including battery test and log readout plus update cost me 248 Euro yesterday at my dealer, I wonder what advantage an independent service can bring. Oh - plus interior pollen filter for 38.02.

There is no reason why a independent Garage could not perform your servicing, as long as they are happy with the procedures for making the car safe, and have the correct tooling to work on EV electrics. Also knowledge of what needs to be checked at the major services regarding to cable connections and re-torquing and seal replacements would be an obvious requirement.

DibbyDibbyDJ said:
There is no reason why a independent Garage could not perform your servicing, as long as they are happy with the procedures for making the car safe, and have the correct tooling to work on EV electrics. Also knowledge of what needs to be checked at the major services regarding to cable connections and re-torquing and seal replacements would be an obvious requirement.

And use the correct parts

In most cars the battery warranty is longer. So independent servicing might invalidate your protection against failure of the most expensive item on the car - especially as they won't have been able to update the central computer records with Mitsu.

Mind you at jaapv's dealer's pricing it might be cheaper to travel to Holland to get our servicing done. :lol:

BTW - what door lock recall - 2015 cars only?

Back