Corrupt SD card message help

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manx57

I am getting the corrupt card message on my display?

I was sitting in the car waiting for my wife and I thought dust! always on the radio so I gave it a quick swipe with my screen duster and thought nothing of it I have done that a thousand times. Almost instantly it pops up the corrupt card error, now I cannot get it to do anything no radio sat nav nothing.

I have tried to research the problem on line and from what I can gather I need a new card?

Does anyone know if the cards that are sold on ebay will fix my problem?

Thanks in advance, my wife thinks I am an idiot for dusting it lol

Dusting your car has not killed the SDcard so do not blame yourself.
The SDcard is available for sale on various websites.

You could try to read the SDcard on a computer and copy its contents to a new SDcard and see if that works.

Hot Weather + Static Electricity = Dead Equipment

But very low probability in this case.

Try a new SD card as Johan suggests.

Read this article, which consolidates SD card corruption issues and all the possible fixes. It shares advanced solutions such as Stellar Photo Recovery to restore lost media files from corrupted memory cards of any capacity and brand.

Here the useful article which explained fix SD card corruption : https://www.stellarinfo.com/article/sd-card-recovery.php

Thank you all for your help, I have ordered a new card hopefully this will fix my problem.

I am going to try and copy the files on the new card so I have a back up....

Well, you need to read the below given article to repair corrupt SD card. This article contains some tried and tested solutions which will surely help you to resolve your issue without any difficulty.
https://www.rescuedigitalmedia.com/corrupt-memory-card-repair

Back