CArPlay Phone Call Issues

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goalieadam

Hi,

I've had my 66plate Outlander Juro a few months now. Overall happy with it but one of my primary reasons for going with the Juro was to get the App CarPlay feature.

Everything seems to work ok apart from phonecalls on CarPlay. Listening to music, podcasts etc are fine, it does seem to randomly disconnect on the odd occasion needing the cable reseating but Phonecalls do not work at all. They did originally for maybe a few weeks but now nothing, I can't hear them and they can't hear me, I have use the speaker on the phone or connect the phone via Bluetooth.

Siri works perfectly fine, I've replaced the cable with a brand-new official apple cable straight out the box but still the issue occurs. My wife has a Golf with CarPlay and the phone works perfectly well in there.

I'm about to call the dealer and get the car in but wanted to see if anyone else has experienced similar issues before I do.

Running the latest iOS with an iPhone11 but with it ok in the Golf I'm pretty sure its the headunit with the issue

Thanks

I have done some testing and have an interesting finding...

I connected the phone via CarPlay and tried a call and neither of us could hear anything.

I then made a request via Siri, which worked successfully and then attempted a call again.

This time it worked ok! So if I run Siri before calls will work while I’m in the car, it’s like the calls can’t initiate to voice transfer to the car but Siri can and that connection stays in place until the car is powered off

I’m waiting for the dealer to call me but interested to see if anyone else has seen this

Back