Pair device not working after recent service

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chanko

Trying to add a new phone using ‘pair device’. A half second after pressing it jump back saying ‘pairing failed’.
It worked fine for the past year and just before a recent service. The garage mentioned they were doing a software update.
Could the update be the reason for the error? Does anyone know how it can corrected?
Thanks

As part of the software update they have to do a factory reset of the system. This wouldnt cause any problems with new pairings but would delete all current ones.

What android phone are you trying to pair?

The existing paired devices are still there and still connect. The issue is setting up new ones. It fails at the very first step.

Chanko said:
The existing paired devices are still there and still connect. The issue is setting up new ones. It fails at the very first step.

Ah. "Devices."

My model only allows two devices to be paired.

Chanko said:

So after having a software update, you devices were still paired?

Then they obviously didnt do the important step of resetting to factory default.

Doing this erases the older pairing profiles that you will still be using. Not doing this is roughly the same as not bothering in the first place.

What year is your PHEV? And what phone are you trying to pair?

Year is 2016 trying to add an iPhone. They didn’t say what the update was for but they definitely did something as previously I had linked my phone to the cars WiFi which was then reset.
The pairing issue is the Bluetooth and the previous phones for that were still linked. Just can’t add any more. (3 phones paired currently?

It's an MMCS unit. Also not aware of any app I need to download that helps with pairing phones.

There are no software updates for the MMCS. They may have updated your Handsfree module to version 19, but would have only done this if you were complaining of an issue. This is the highest update available. I would be going back to them and getting them to sort it.

Also not aware of any app I need to download that helps with pairing phones

Apologies, I thought you were referring to the registering a phone with the app after they had applied the wi-fi security recall.
Sorry, cant help with the phone thing, I have given up on pairing mine, the voice dialling is useless and it keeps emptying my phonebook anyway.

Back