Deleting old devices from Remote App.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bladevane

After buying a new iPhone I was struggling to reconnect with the Remote App. until I came across these instructions (thanks to iNprum from Speak EV forum).

If like me you have had problems trying to find out how to remove old devices here's how:

1. Enter car, close door, no foot on Brake!
2, press power switch once ( gives orange light )
3. Put Hazard's on
4. Press the Lock and unlock buttons on remote total of ten times start with Lock, so lock - unlock etc
5. Now do same again but 20 times ( you should hear a single bleep )

this will clear all devices from the car / app

This worked for me (2014 PHEV) and allowed me to reconnect with my new phone by going through the necessary steps detailed in the app. I must say I found the Mitsubishi Remote App. website next to useless in this matter so thanks to iNpbrum.

Does this have to be done prior to pairing a new device e.g. only one can be registered at a time?

I've done the pairing process, but my iPhone is refused to allow to connect to the car WiFi every time so far. Just says "Unable to Join".

spacerace said:
Does this have to be done prior to pairing a new device e.g. only one can be registered at a time?

You can have more than one device registered, however there is a limit (maybe 4 from memory?).
If you purchased your PHEV 2nd hand, you might first need to do the reset sequence above to clear the old owner's phones off.

Back