Remote app

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nibbo

Oh no, not again..... :(

Had my car serviced recently and as part of the service they did the security update on the Wi-fi whatsitdoodle.
I used to be able to use the remote control on an old android 4 tablet and it was useful if only to defrost the car before I went out in the mornings.

After the update I was given a new password to register with and did not think much more about it... but now it is getting cold again I though I had better check to see if it still works

I unregistered all devices and tried to connect my newish android 9 phone which did not work using the latest version of the app.
I have now tried using the old android 4.4 device and that no longer works with either version of the app.
No matter what device I try I always get the message 'Error Code: 2101'

Has anyone managed to connect to the new version of the app? If so, what version of android?

Thanks

the new app must be used. don't know what version of android it needs though. that error can be that you have not got the connection right, i.e. you have not disconnected from other wifi networks and have not turned off mobile data.

I just purchased a new 2020. I can tell you the app doesn't work more than 20 feet from the car, and maybe 10 feet if you have a wall between. There are a few threads on here about it.

Fjpod said:
I just purchased a new 2020. I can tell you the app doesn't work more than 20 feet from the car, and maybe 10 feet if you have a wall between.
Thanks I am aware of its limitations but I was able to use it before the 'upgrade' as the car is parked close to the house.
Its registering a device since the security update I am struggling with.

littlescrote said:
not turned off mobile data.

Thanks, this is a tablet with no SIM so no mobile data.
I disconnected from all known Wi-fi connections; I even made the device forget them to make sure it did not connect automatically. :(

I have the same problem with Code 2101. I have tried all combinations but cannot get my Android phone to connect!! Most frustrating and I hope that someone has a solution.

Barry

Back