Japanese text on MMCS screen

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChelseaDan

Hi

I've had my Outlander 4h 2018 for a couple of weeks now and am so glad I took the leap.

I'm just getting used to how it all works but an issue I have that I can't find a solution for in the manual or find anything about online is the MMCS screen. It worked fine for the first couple of days but now all I get is a black screen with a couple of lines of Japanese text in white.

My Japanese is non-existent so I don't know what it's telling me. When it worked last week, the system language was English...The touchscreen buttons down both sides of the screen (apps, power etc) don't seem to do anything.

The screen itself works, as when I select reverse gear the rear camera display comes on, so I don't think it's a fuse issue.

It's probably a newbie error on my part (for which I apologise in advance) but can anyone help me out?

Cheers, Dan

Don't know if this is relevant to your problem, have a look to see if there is an sd card in the slot behind the display, if so try removing and replacing it.

Sounds like it it's not booting up properly, maybe the memory was corrupted somehow. Just for fun you could try Google Translate with the camera on your phone to translate the Japanese to English, then search that error message.

So...I ran the Japanese text through Yandex OCR software and the message says "The system could not be started. Please contact the Customer Support Center."

Thanks for the tip.

Back