kpetrov

Re: Pure Electric Vehicle Mod - Hack. Stop ICE (engine) kick-in (heating acceleration & cold).

Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:11 am

jcolvin wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:38 pm
Thanks for this. Probably i will just pull the relay when needed, rather than going to the extent of wiring in a switch.
👍 Go with that. I was doing it while waiting for parts delivery.
Now I'm skipping the part of opening the hood in a harsh winter conditions. 8-)
2018 Outlander PHEV (Canadian)

mort

Re: Pure Electric Vehicle Mod - Hack. Stop ICE (engine) kick-in (heating acceleration & cold).

Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:10 pm

Kpetrov,
There is a small audible relay click that comes from the fuse box in the passenger cabin just forward and to the left of the drivers knee whenever the ICE starts or stops. I have been unable to locate this relay. I am curious as to whether or not you have attempted to mod or remove this relay. I wonder if there would be less downsides in terms of idiot alarms, lights and loss of range calculators.

kpetrov

Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:38 am

Never heard that click you are talking about.
I have checked on diagrams, the following relays are located at the cabin fuse box:
Blower relay, Heated seat relay, Heated steering wheel relay.
BTW ETACS-ECU is there as well.

jaapv

Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:42 am

Why not just remove the ICE? All it takes is a spanner and a winch...
Instyle 2019
Titanium Grey
Before:
Instyle+ 2013

kpetrov

Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:54 am

jaapv wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:42 am
Why not just remove the ICE? All it takes is a spanner and a winch...
Because I need it twice a week and it takes me just a press of a button. Capiche?

If you want to remove yours, I don't mind, take a spanner and a winch. It's not my business.

mort

Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:22 pm

Yeah it’s really hard for some people on this forum to understand that some of us like to do shit on the weekends that requires a longer drive than our short daily commutes.
Annually I commute around 4000 miles a year this is well with in the range of the EV traction battery. But we put 10000 miles on the car a year. occasionally we need that gas, that is until we get a real EV.

Return to “Technical Discussions”