Fuel system service - warning on display

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sloperrs

Good morning all, my 2020 exceed PHEV is showing 'Refueling system service required' Has anyone any ideas on this please? Called the dealer they said 'drive it around a bit' which is different to the handbook. vehicle has 4600 miles on it. Many thanks, Bob.

I have owned by PHEV for 3+ years and for the first time I had the dreaded fuel system warning sign appear and the petrol engine roared into life. Due to covid restrictions I haven't been able to drive any long distances and its been 3 months since I last added any fuel. Some interesting observations, noise - now i know why I will never own another petrol engine car, fuel consumption - have been getting around 10l/100m which based on my experience with subarus is fairly typical for a petrol engine car with a 2l motor. Because the petrol is running all the time it keeps the battery fully charged which you then cannot really use and therefore regen braking is virtually not existent.
Finally, I can't understand why anyone would own of these cars if they weren't prepared to charge it - they are very average car when used on petrol only in suburban use.

If you don't top up on fuel for three months the car will display a warning and burn up enough fuel to enable you to fill up. This is to avoid driving on spoilt petrol and moisture contamination of the fuel. SO - NO WORRIES.

Solargen said:
I had the dreaded fuel system warning sign appear and the petrol engine roared into life...have been getting around 10l/100km
Finally, I can't understand why anyone would own of these cars if they weren't prepared to charge it - they are very average car when used on petrol only in suburban use.
Even if one do not charge the consumption is not 10L/100km. Your vehicle is in special mode now as you know, which elevate the consumption a lot.
Disable it or live with it.

Back