Can you run the air conditioner without running the engine?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbuyer091

It seems my first post was removed for whatever reason.. It's a simple question I'd just like an answer to if someone can help.

Can I run the aircon or heater off of the battery alone, for an extended period of time without the engine starting up, or without having the engine running at all? I'd like to use the PHEV as an overnight camper occasionally. If that is possible, how long roughly could you use the air conditioner for off of the battery?

As an example scenario : I live in a warm environment. Can I sleep in an Outlander PHEV overnight with the aircon running but not the engine?

Thanks!

I can in my 2014 Gx3h but only to cool, as I don't have an electric heater. How long for is a different question as air con uses a lot of energy.

Yes, you can. Both A/C and heater.
With the heater is much more tricky not to wake up the ICE. The A/C no problem at all until the battery is depleted.

Bear in mind you will need the car in Ready mode though so the dash will be lit up etc, any running lights will be on.

If you want to do it without any of that, the only way is with the timer and that has a limitation of 30 minutes.

Back