Cable route - boot to rear bumper...

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibeeby

Folks,

I am asking for help in finding a cable route to take an antenna cable (say, 6-8mm dia) from within the rear passenger compartment to below the rear bumper/fender.

The vehicle is an Outlander PHEV built in 2014.

The antenna is to be mounted on the rear tow-ball. The radio will be mounted in the boot, on the tray below the rear of the boot floor which lifts up.

Any thoughts as to a reasonable route? If a hole is to be drilled I should prefer to drill in a non-metal part but ideally I will be able to squeeze the cable alongside existing ones.

Grateful for your thoughts and guidance.

Ian

If you have a towbar you will already have a hole in the left rear 1/4 panel behind the bumper. It has a nice grommet already there, and you should be able to squeeze a antenna cable through if the connector is small enough. If not, Make another hole close by, and use a suitable grommet and some silicone sealer.

Thats very helpful - where does the hole come out inside the boot? Near to the battery? That would be ideal.

Ian

Thank you - most helpful. I'll just be threading the cable through and will add the connector afterwards so threading will be just the diameter of the co-ax. I am very grateful for your replies.

Ian

Back