Car off and locked but beeping from inside

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moonlander

Hi all,
Have noticed this a couple of times now. I have 2016 facelift 5hs and noticed a beeping sound when car is turned off and locked.

Any ides what this could be? i.e low battery warning?

Thanks for any help, vid below:

https://youtu.be/-6P1j6JYW4Q

Moonlander said:
Have noticed this a couple of times now. I have 2016 facelift 5hs and noticed a beeping sound when car is turned off and locked.

Its the "warning" that the 12V battery is about to be charged. Happens 2pm every day (I see your cam says 2:15pm, not sure why the difference?)

zzcoopej said:
Moonlander said:

Its the "warning" that the 12V battery is about to be charged. Happens 2pm every day (I see your cam says 2:15pm, not sure why the difference?)

Thanks! Checked earlier footage and the beeps did start at 2pm and carries on for 20min! :eek:

Hi,
I had the same thing today and it was ca. 14:00. I had this with a 2014 Outlander phev but I never noticed it before. What does it mean that 12v battery is about you charged? Can you clarify? Is it something for which I need to go to repair shop?
Thanks,
Alessandro

Nothing is wrong. When the wifi module is configured, it draws a bit of power from the 12V battery, and to compensate for that and prevent the 12V battery from being flat, the car charges it a bit every day from the main drive battery. It's nothing to be worried about, and frankly I don't know why the car is beeping to announce that.

By some silly coincidence, I caught mine doing this on Sunday...

I was outside, heard the beeping start up, went back inside and sure enough... 2 o'clock!

AndyInOz said:

I was outside, heard the beeping start up, went back inside and sure enough... 2 o'clock!

Did you go inside to check the grandfather clock? How very 19th century. Don't you have a new fangled pocket watch? :D

littlescrote said:
AndyInOz said:

Did you go inside to check the grandfather clock? How very 19th century. Don't you have a new fangled pocket watch? :D

Oddly enough, I am a bit of a clock fan, and have all kinds of time keeping devices indoors, including many devices that automatically synchronise to external sources.

Sadly I don't have a grandfather clock, but do have a lovely triple chime mantel clock that strikes on the hour and chimes every fifteen minutes. The triple-chime part refers to the three melodies it can play: Whittington, Westminster and St Michael.

The length of the chime varies by quarter i.e. it plays a quarter of the melody at quarter past, half at half past, three quarters at quarter to and the full melody on the hour.

Despite all this, I don't carry any kind of time piece, while I'm working in the garden.

When one is gardening, one is living in the moment.

Back