cant start _ Mitsubishi cant find any fault

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdaly

I've a 2018 outlander phev. 3 days ago when I tried to start the car the power button did nothing, no start or light in the start button.
Dash display indicated mileage to next service and nothing else. Key was recognised as orange alarm when I left key in the car. Tried spare key and slot in the dash but no joy. Headlights and brake lights worked but nothing else.
Recovery truck arrived and tried everything to get car sorted but no joy. Even disconnected the aux battery for 10 mins to see if any problem would reset.

Finally had to drag car on skid plates as brakes locked on to recovery truck. Strangely we could turn steering.

Delivered to mitsubishi dealer and the car started as they went to take off the truck. Mitsubishi have no idea what happened and computer history shows no faults.

Anyone any ideas..... concerned this may happen again.

If the dashboard was displaying anything, the vehicle was on.

Is it possible that you put the car into 'Accessory' mode?

This is done by pressing the Start button without putting your foot on the brake pedal.

You get out of that mode by putting your foot on the brake pedal and pressing the start button again.

Normally the Start button should light up in that mode, but you may have a blown LED.

tdaly said:
Finally had to drag car on skid plates as brakes locked on to recovery truck. Strangely we could turn steering.

PHEV doesnt have a steering lock, And the car locks the wheels when P is selected, or battery is disconneted, or ign turned off. Its a real pain when you are trying to do a service

Thanks Guys.

Power button did nothing. No light on button, no change in dash display. Multi function button didn't change anything.

Now working normally since it arrived at the garage.

My problem is what to do if it happens again. Garage have no idea why it happened or what to do if it happens again.

Has anyone had a similar issue.

Could be a problem with the 12v battery on its way out, being reluctant to boot up after a chilly night but by the time it got to dealer was warm enough to work. :idea:

Thanks but may not be battery as happened on warm day. Started following morning when cooler n mitsubishi checked battery n said was fine.😱

Back