Charging

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian

I’m new to the forum and driving a 2021 PHEV Outlander. My PHEV will not charge via the 3 pin plug that came with the brand new vehicle. I have tried 3 different outlets none have worked. The vehicle has been back to the main dealer who stated that they had fixed the problem by resetting the charging schedule on the charger. The main dealer hadn’t charged it up while they had for a day and when I get it home it still will not charge. Anyone got any ideas?

Have you checked the charging schedule? Perhaps they did not clear it properly...

Just to be clear, the charging schedule is in the vehicle settings, not in the 'charger'.

You need to either use the screen or the app to check it and clear it. I've also had it have an empty schedule but it still act as if the schedule was still there. The software is not entirely free from bugs, but I don't remember what I did to clear it. I think I put a schedule back in and then cleared it again.

ps44 said:
Have you tried pressing the timer override button on the side of the key ?

:?: where is this button? I don't have one or is it only on the newer models?

Nibbo said:
ps44 said:
Have you tried pressing the timer override button on the side of the key ?

:?: where is this button? I don't have one or is it only on the newer models?

I think it’s on all models but can’t say for sure - I’ve had it on 16MY and 19MY both 4H spec. There are round silver buttons on each side of the key fob. One is blank, one is marked with a clock symbol and “off”. A double click of this overrides any charge timers that are set.

ps44 said:
I think it’s on all models but can’t say for sure - I’ve had it on 16MY and 19MY both 4H spec. There are round silver buttons on each side of the key fob. One is blank, one is marked with a clock symbol and “off”. A double click of this overrides any charge timers that are set.

Definitely not on my 15 plate 4H :(
Just looked at some google images, looks like the newer model only has these magic buttons...

Is the outlet at your house properly grounded? The charger won't work unless it is. Maybe this is why it worked for them and not you.

This situation happened to me with my outlet in my garage.

Back