Using the 120V plug in the trunk while camping...!?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purplduck

I'm hoping to use the 120V plug in the trunk while away camping.

Has anybody used this for anything significant? I know there's a YouTube video of someone plugging in a microwave, but doubt that would work for very long.

Can I deplete the whole batter (to 30% like driving) by using this plug? If that's the case, how many kWh would I get out of a full battery by plugging in a speaker/coffee maker/etc.?

Anyone tried this out?

I charge my RC jet batteries at 50 amps for 3 hours without problems. Costs about 8 miles of range. If the drive battery gets too low the engine starts automatically to charge the battery then shuts off.

1500 watt power supply plugged into outlander ac plug. Power supply set to 24 volts and with 50 amps I charge 5 6S lipos at 8 amps each. 24 X 50 = 1,200 watts.

A bit late for the thread...

My PHEV has powered my home fridge and deep freezer for 1.5 days last winter, after a tree fell on the power line (distributing power for all the village).

Some people lost the content of their fridge/freezer, some other where running on generator.

Klug said:
A bit late for the thread...

My PHEV has powered my home fridge and deep freezer for 1.5 days last winter, after a tree fell on the power line (distributing power for all the village).

Some people lost the content of their fridge/freezer, some other where running on generator.
The freaking winter is colder than my freezer here. :shock: Never lost or will any food during the Canadian winter. :cool:

Back