EV mode not working anymore

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vladmetz

Hello,
I bought a 2017 Outlander PHEV in Europe in December, with only 36.000 km.
The car had a full check at the dealer's service here in my hometown, without any issues reported.
Everything was fine with the car, I used almost 100% pure EV mode only, and consumed around 2 tanks of gasoline during some longer trips we had in the last 6 months.
Last week I pushed the start button and then EV mode as usual but it didn't work, all of a sudden. Battery was fully charged.
I now have a warning in the display and the error "EV mode not available".

I tried restarting the car several times, plugged the charger in again for a whole night, battery is full but EV mode still won't work.

Any ideas what it could be ?

I will take it to the service anyways but now I have some trips to do and I need the car.

Thank you very much
Regards,
Vlad

You could try disconnecting the 12v battery for a while. Sometimes this will clear random software glitches - similar to rebooting your "stuck" PC. :idea:

I will try disconnecting the 12V battery. Where can I found that connector ? Is it under the trunk in the back ?

Regarding the fuel, last fill I guess was around 2 months ago.

Thank you

littlescrote said:
It's probably consuming old fuel. When did you last fill up with 30 litres or more?

Anything is possible but the OP's quoted message is wrong for that - also isn't it 15 litres?

have you gotten a fix for this yet. i have a 2020 phev outlander and im getting same msg ev unavailable, mite make it a 100 feet mite be 1000 feet, ice kicks in and ev unavailable. some days will go 30 klm on electric. any help be appreciated. tks

The car has to consume 15 liters of fuel every once in a while. That might be the reason.

If it is extremely cold, that might be a reason as well.

Back