12 Volt 2:00 PM Charge

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rustybolts

I recently set my vehicle on timed charging, Midnight to 7:00 am. I just had my first "ev system error" It went away after a few starts. Question: Does the 2:00 PM 12 Volt charge occur even though it is not in my timed charging window. Vehicle is plugged in. WiFi is on.

I'm also turning on standard charger everyday on 0:15 and have no problem with 12V battery. Difference is , that i'm not duing it by internal car timer , but by external Sonoff switch.

Rustybolts said:
I recently set my vehicle on timed charging, Midnight to 7:00 am. I just had my first "ev system error" It went away after a few starts. Question: Does the 2:00 PM 12 Volt charge occur even though it is not in my timed charging window. Vehicle is plugged in. WiFi is on.

As far as I am aware there is no connection between charging the car and the internal charging of the 12V battery. It will do so regardless whether the car is plugged in or not.

Sure about that? In eight years my battery has been fully charged all the time - even if the car has been standing idle during travel abroad for a couple of months - and I have never used the WiFi, it is not even in my phone's list.

jaapv said:
Sure about that? In eight years my battery has been fully charged all the time - even if the car has been standing idle during travel abroad for a couple of months - and I have never used the WiFi, it is not even in my phone's list.
How are you monitoring the 12 Volt charge level? That would be useful.

Not really, but in eight weeks the alarm alone would have drained such a small battery if it were not topped up regularly.

jaapv said:

Not totally, no. It could just be models with the WiFi do it, and models without don't.

Back