12v battery replacement UK

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scoop

I have trawled the forum so apologies if asked recently - Anyone know who replaces 12v batteries ? Can I do myself or will car need computer plugged in? Been told £600 by main dealer. Halfords and Kwik got here not phev trained

Third-party batteries are not quite as expensive as the original ones - but they must be vented and installed correctly, to prevent harmful fumes entering the passenger compartment. There is no computer reset involved.

And no PHEV work involved - so Halfords & Kwik-fit are perfectly capable of fitting - well, as "capable" as anything else they do! ;)

Make sure that you replace it with a like-for-like "absorbent glass material" battery.

Ordinary car batteries are incredibly dangerous when fitted in the interior of the vehicle.

As mentioned, you can't just use any old replacement. The battery is technically inside the car, so you need to replace it with a similar type. Not sure where you're based, but mention of Halfords leads me to suspect the UK. Richi (of FAQ fame) has a UK Amazon page with various items for the PHEV including a couple of 12V batteries

Back