Power a dashcam from rear mirror

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inq255

Hi, I'm thinking about installi g a dash am with power from the rear mirror. The power connector behind the mirror can be disconnected easily and pin connectors can be used qith a 12V-5v DCDC adaptor.

Wondering if somebody already did that, and can tell which pin hole to use. Thanks

If you need power that switches of with the ignition. May be easier to tap into the sunroof if you have one?

Some people prefer dashcams to be 'always on' this records the identity of the thug that keys your car or breaks your window...

Were you able to get something working? Mirror tap seems like the easiest and cleanest install option.

There is a plug on Amazon that seems to match Dongar Technologies Dashcam Power Adapter (Economy 7-pin) https://a.co/d/4dgc04N

This is the plug on my 2023 Non Phev SEL

https://imgur.com/a/XKLuYfR

I've asked the seller on Amazon seller and will update.
I don't know if the PHEV has the same mirror but the amazon plug has more wires compared to my plug. If the wires are wrong, Maybe this would still work with some rewiring

Did you ever hear back from the seller? I've not had a lot of luck getting no-name Amazon stores to reply. I did find under the "Customer Q&A" link someone who says it works in the 2023 Outlander! I couldn't find a way to direct link to this Q&A but I copied it in:

There were 0 results in Customer Q&As in the United States
Results from other countries
Q: How about for a 2023 Nissan Rogue with auto-dimming mirror?
A: It fits my Mitsubishi outlander 2023; I believe the outlander is based on the Nissan rogue so I suppose it should fit
By Ken in Canada on March 14, 2023

I'm going to order one, I'll let you know how it goes.

Happy to report that the Dongar worked perfectly and was super easy to install. It's powering my single channel Viofo A139 Pro. The auto dimming in the rear view mirror still seems to work fine. At some point I might add a rear channel, hopefully it will have enough juice.

Back